The City of Melbourne has installed in-ground parking bay sensors in most CBD parking bays. These sensors record when a vehicle arrives and when it departs. Each record also includes the parking restriction for the bay and whether the vehicle has overstayed that restriction. This is the data for the 2017 calendar year.
Known data issues:
1. There are 860 records that have the text ‘OLD’ at the end of the restriction in the field named ‘Sign’. This has been investigated and determined the text refers to one of two things, either:
· At the time of the parking event the restriction that has been captured is correct but when the data was extracted from the server (April 2018) the restriction had since changed.
· (Or) The particular sensor has since been replaced.
2. There are a number of records that have a negative value in the duration in field ‘seconds’. This occurs due to a sensor detecting an arrival time being after the departure time.
3. There are a number of records where the arrival and departure times have not been recorded. If the time has not been recorded the time is calculated from midnight of the arrival day to either midnight of the departure day or to the departure time.
Data that is excluded:
In the 2017 car parking event data there are 3,858 records where the parking event goes into 2018 and ends at midnight.
The Our City's Little Gems study observed butterfly biodiversity and flower-butterfly interactions in the City of Melbourne between January - March 2017. The Our City's Little Gems project is a direct extension of The Little Things that Run the City project that assessed the insect biodiversity of green spaces in the City of Melbourne. The Little Things that Run the City project did not originally feature butterflies, so the Our City’s Little Gems project was created to solely look at butterfly-flower interactions in our city. Please use the detailed legend for all species, environmental and location information. All species records are butterflies. All records have coordinates.
This dataset contains all the non parking sign panels, such as Stop signs, wayfinding, speed restrictions within the City of Melbourne. A sign panel is the part of the sign that display the information.
This dataset also contains information regarding disabled access, as referenced in the data by the use of DDA acronym.
This public register of building permits lists all building permits for building works issued by Melbourne Certification Group, in and outside of the City of Melbourne, and also any building works issued by Private Building Surveyors within the City of Melbourne.
The information provided is extracted from the records held by City of Melbourne.
For a definition of the building classification type please see the attachment.